Finance Schools in Arkansas
Colleges and universities in Arkansas feature nearly a dozen undergraduate degree programs in finance. No master’s or advanced degree in finance programs are currently available in the state. However, students interested in pursuing an advanced degree in finance can opt for an online university. Online universities allow students to complete coursework entirely online. Some colleges also offer finance masters degrees that can be completed either partially or entirely online.
- There are 11 colleges and universities with finance degree programs in Arkansas.
- No schools offer a master’s or advanced degree in finance.
- Highest graduate rate*: Harding University 61%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: The University of Central Arkansas 33%.1
- Highest net price per year*: Ouachita Baptist University $17,575.1
- Lowest net price per year*: University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff $8,823.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for finance programs in Arkansas: $12,610 – $23,594.2
- No schools in the Businessweek’s Top Business Undergraduate Programs in 2013.
- 1 school in the US News Best Business Graduate Schools in 2013 (top 100):University of ArkansasñFayetteville (Walton) (66).
*For 4-year colleges and universities that offer a finance degree program.
Master’s in Finance Degree Programs in Arkansas
Arkansas State University, in Jonesboro, has a program for students for earning a master of business administration degree with a concentration in finance. Courses are scheduled in the late afternoon and evening to accommodate working professionals. In the capstone strategic management course, students advise real companies on a strategic plan.
Arkansas Career Opportunities for Graduates
Traditionally an economy that focused on agriculture, Arkansas’s economy has evolved to include several modern sectors. Major industries include food processing, manufacturing, oil, natural gas, and mineral mining. In addition to these important industries, the nation’s largest retailer Walmart, is headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas and frequently ranks as one of the top companies on the Fortune 500 list.
Arkansas Finance Salary and Jobs
|Occupation||Number Employed||Average Salary|
|Personal Financial Advisors||530||$87,090|
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as of May 2012.
Arkansas Financial Analysts and Manager Salary and Job Outlook
For financial examiners, the growth rate tops most other careers with a projected growth rate of 27 percent from 2010 to 2020.5 Financial analysts have a projected job growth of 23 percent.5 Personal financial advisors have a projected growth rate of 32 percent, which is considered to be much higher than average.5 The mean salary for all financial careers combined in Arkansas is $56,980.6 Financial examiners in Arkansas earn an average annual salary of $69,570 and financial analysts earn around $70,000.6 Topping the list for the state are personal financial advisors at over $100,000 each year on average.6
Arkansas Financial Professional Associations
- Government Finance Officers Association of Arkansas
- Arkansas Bankers Association
- Financial Planning Association of Arkansas
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Arkansas Chapter
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?degree=4-year&state=AR&major=finance-accounting&sort=best
3. Bloomberg Businessweek: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-best-undergrad-business-schools/
4. US News and World Reprot: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
5. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm
6. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_ak.htm