Finance Schools in Indiana
Indiana University, the lone university in Indiana to offer a graduate degree in finance, confers the Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a finance concentration. The MBA program features several finance academies, which allows students to hone their interview skills, to go on field trips, to participate in group projects, and to network. Online graduate finance degree programs, offered at both online and traditional universities, provide a flexible and convenient alternative to traditional learning.
- There 21 are colleges and universities with finance degree programs in Indiana.
- 1 school offers a master’s or advanced degree in finance.
- Highest graduate rate*: University of Notre Dame, 95%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: University of Indianapolis, 37%.1
- Highest net price per year*: Butler University, $30,022.1
- Lowest net price per year*: Vincennes University, $9,497.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for finance programs in Indiana: $14,725 – $42,971.2
- 4 schools in the Businessweek’s Top Business Undergraduate Programs in 2013: University of Notre Dame (1), Indiana University (13), Butler University (47), and Purdue University (58).
- 3 schools in the US News Best Business Graduate Schools in 2013 (top 100): Indiana University Bloomington (22), University of Notre Dame (27), and Purdue University (44).
*For 4-year colleges and universities that offer a finance degree program.
Master’s in Finance Degree Programs in Indiana
Ball State University
Ball State University offers a Master of Business Administration – Finance degree that can be pursued full- or part-time, with classes offered on campus or online through distance education. This degree equips students to advance their careers in business and finance based on an understanding of international markets with a global perspective. To help students gain a fluency in international business, it is integrated into almost all core courses. Ball State has been named an up and coming college by US News & World Report and is considered one of the best universities in the Midwest by the Princeton Review.
Indiana University – Bloomington
Indiana University-Bloomington’s Kelley School of Business offers a Master of Science in Finance degree that can be completed in from one to five years, flexibly accommodating students’ scheduling needs. This program is offered online and focuses on the technical aspects of financial risk management in organizations. Students learn how to create value and manage uncertainty through the efficient use of capital allocation. Courses are taught by award-winning faculty who are experts in their fields. The various programs offered by the Kelley School of Business have been praised by Bloomberg Businessweek, Public Accounting Report, and the Financial Times.
Purdue University, through the Krannert School of Management, confers a Master of Science in Finance degree grounded in global development. The curriculum is designed to help students advance in their careers through a thorough understanding of finance and financial management. The accelerated ten-month program includes courses in leadership, securities law, and economics in addition to core finance courses. Eduniversal has ranked several of the Krannert School of Management’s graduate degrees within the best in the world and the Princeton Review lists Purdue University as a “best value” college.
Career Opportunities for Graduates in Indiana
Indiana is ranked among the top states for business, founded on its low business costs and business-friendly regulatory framework according to Forbes. In order to ensure the strength of this framework, the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions supervises banks, trusts, loan associations, and finance companies incorporated within the state. In addition, the department regulates other organizations involved in financial transactions such as check cashers and industrial loan and investment companies. Employees of the Department analyze the finances of the organizations it is expected to supervise as part of the Department’s charter. Openings in the various divisions are posted on the Department’s website. Purdue Federal Credit Union is headquartered in West Lafayette and serves over 60,000 member individuals and small businesses nationwide. Purdue Federal Credit Union provides employees with competitive salaries and a strong benefits package that includes training and career advancement. It has also been named among the five best places to work in Indiana.
Indiana Financial Analyst and Manager Salary and Job Outlook
Financial analysts in Indiana make an average annual salary of $73,100 while Indiana financial managers make an average annual salary of $101,830.5 According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, most financial analysts in Indiana work in the greater Indianapolis area.6 Financial managers are also attracted to Indianapolis; however, there are is also a concentration of opportunities in Lafayette, Indiana, where average salaries for financial managers are markedly higher at $113,220.7 The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that job growth for financial analysts and for financial managers will significantly outpace the total job growth for all occupations between 2010 and 2020,8 but the opportunities already available in Indiana indicate career potential for finance graduates.
Indiana Finance Salary and Jobs
|Occupation||Number Employed||Average Salary|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,040||$96,210|
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as of May 2012.
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-colleges-for-accounting/?type=private&type=public
3. Bloomberg Businessweek: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-best-undergrad-business-schools/
4. US News and World Report: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
5. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_in.htm#13-0000
6. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132051.htm
7. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes113031.htm
8. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm#tab-6