Finance Schools in Nebraska
Creighton University in Nebraska awards the Master in Security Analysis and Portfolio Management. The online program is geared toward students who want to work in finance and investment upon graduation. Many universities offer graduate programs in finance with that allow students to fulfill all degree requirements entirely online.
- There are 6 colleges and universities with finance degree programs in Nebraska.
- 1 school offers a master’s or advanced degree in finance.
- Highest graduate rate*: Creighton University, 75%. 1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: University of Nebraska at Omaha, 31%.1
- Highest net price per year*: Creighton University, $26,539. 1
- Lowest net price per year*: University of Nebraska at Omaha, $10,755. 1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for finance programs in Nebraska: $16,520 – $33,330 2
- No schools in the Businessweek’s Top Business Undergraduate Programs in 2013.
- No schools in the US News Best Business Graduate Schools in 2013 (top 100).
*For 4-year colleges and universities that offer a finance degree program.
Master’s in Finance Degree Programs in Nebraska
Bellevue University offers a Master of Science in Finance degree that emphasizes financial management within the context of business strategy. The curriculum aims to cultivate leadership skills in students while providing a thorough education in finance. Many courses can be taken online as well as on campus, offering students a high degree of flexibility. Bellevue University is committed to recognizing academic excellence through the award of scholarships to assist with the cost of higher education. The school is highly ranked by US News & World Report, and has been a recipient of the Excellence in Learning Practice award among others.
Creighton University offers a unique degree program for finance professionals culminating in the award of a Master of Science in Security Analysis and Portfolio Management. This degree is strongly investment-oriented and covers the theories and applications thereof in advanced financial practice. The curriculum is organized to prepare students to pass the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam, and all faculty hold the CFA credential. Students enrolled in the program have access to the university’s many educational and professional programs for deeper learning. Creighton University is consistently ranked as a top school by US News & World Report and has also been recognized by the Princeton Review.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a Finance Specialization that prepares finance professionals to excel in the world of business. The program can be completed through two distinct programs of study, on-campus or online. The course of study for both programs is substantially similar, although on-campus students may have access to a greater variety of electives. Financial assistance for qualified graduate students is available. The MBA program has been recognized as a top part-time program by US News & World Report.
Nebraska Career Opportunities for Graduates
Professionals in Nebraska enjoy a low cost of living, based in part on the state’s relatively low-income tax rates. Various industries from mining to services have significant bases within the state, leading to varied opportunities for graduates. Union Pacific Corporation, which operates the Union Pacific Railroad, has a large presence in the state of Nebraska as part of its service network to the western two-thirds of the US. Openings in finance and operations are frequently posted to the company website. Berkshire Hathaway, perhaps one of the most eminently recognizable names in finance and investing, is based in Omaha. Due to the company’s track record and high profile, competition for openings is fierce; however, well qualified and enterprising finance graduates may be able to network into an opening at the company or one of its many subsidiaries, which include GEICO Insurance.
Nebraska Financial Analyst and Manager Salary and Job Outlook
Forbes regularly ranks Nebraska among the most competitive states for business with a healthy economic and regulatory environment and strong prospects for growth. The average financial analyst working in Nebraska makes an annual salary of $69,020.5 The average financial manager in the state makes considerably more, at an annual average of $127,060.5 Lincoln and Omaha are among the best places for financial analysts and financial managers to seek work due to a high concentration of jobs and more competitive salaries in these areas.6,7 In fact, the Omaha-Council Bluffs greater metropolitan area is home to one of the highest concentrations of financial analysts in the US, pointing to great opportunities for finance graduates.6
Nebraska Finance Salary and Jobs
|Occupation||Number Employed||Average Salary|
|Personal Financial Advisors||600||$80,140|
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as of May 2012.
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-colleges-for-accounting/?type=private&type=public
3. Bloomberg Businessweek: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-best-undergrad-business-schools/
4. US News & World Report: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
5. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_ne.htm
6. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132051.htm
7. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes113031.htm