Finance Schools in New Hampshire
This guide is designed to give New Hampshire students insight into advanced degree programs in finance. Finance schools in New Hampshire have programs for students of any skill level, whether you are a business-novice or an experienced working professional. These finance masters degrees can be flexible in delivery, allowing students to choose from an accelerated full-time program, part-time study, or an entirely online option. Students can complete a finance degree in New Hampshire in as little as 15 months. A few finance schools focus on global business by requiring an international component, such as University of New Hampshire and Dartmouth College. These options allow students to decide what is most important for them to achieve their academic and career goals.
Finance Program Stats
- There are 7 four-year not-for-profit colleges and universities with finance degree programs in New Hampshire.1
- 3 schools offer a master’s or advanced degree in finance.1
- Highest graduation rate*: Saint Anselm College 72%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: Granite State College 16%.1
- Highest net price per year*: Southern New Hampshire University $34,984.1
- Lowest net price per year*: Granite State College $13,922.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for finance programs in New Hampshire*: $7,425-$39,036.1
- 1 school in the Businessweek’s Top Business Undergraduate Programs in 2016: University of New Hampshire Paul College of Business and Economics (#81).2
- 1 school in the US News Best Business Graduate Schools in 2017 (top 100): Dartmouth College Tuck School of Business (#8).3
*For 4-year not-for-profit colleges and universities that offer a finance degree program.
Schools in New Hampshire with Master’s in Finance Degrees
Traditional Master’s in Finance Programs
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University offers a Master of Science in Finance (MSF) that can be completed in as little as 12 months. This finance degree includes a test-prep course to prepare students for the Chartered Financial Analyst Level 1 exam, a designation that helps students compete in the fast-paced business world. Course titles include Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making, Money and Capital Markets, Corporate Financial Management, and Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management. Graduate students can join Delta Mu Delta, an honor society exclusively for business students. Each student is also given access to an alumni network to aid with career opportunities. Students may start this finance degree during any term, with terms beginning in September, January, and May. No GMAT or GRE is required to apply and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
University of New Hampshire
The University of New Hampshire’s Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Finance. This program imparts on students general business acumen skills, while allowing them to emphasize a particular facet of the industry. Students are also given the chance to participate in off-campus residency programs. A four-day residency in New York City is designed to introduce students to Wall Street and offer networking opportunities. An international residency is also available for students taking the International Business course. This includes 10 days abroad, meeting international business leaders, and visiting international corporate headquarters. The finance degree at UNH can be completed in as little as a year and classes are offered Monday through Thursday. An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is required to apply, as well as GMAT scores. Applications for fall semester are accepted in June.
Dartmouth College Tuck School of Business offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) which can be completed in two years. Students take 16 credits of required business courses and 12 elective course credits. Dartmouth offers many accounting, economics, and finance electives, allowing students to focus their education on a chosen industry. Elective course titles include Advanced Corporate Finance and Governance, Real Time Global Economics, Financial Statement Interpretation and Analysis, and Financing Strategy for Public Companies. Students also participate in the course entitled First Year Project, in which student teams are given the opportunity to complete practical projects for real-world business clients. A global travel program is also a requirement for this degree. Students may choose between three courses that are each designed to introduce them to global business in an interactive format. GMAT or GRE scores are required to apply, as well as a minimum of two years of full-time work experience. Applicants are encouraged to visit the school and interview.
Online Master’s in Finance Programs
University of New Hampshire
The University of New Hampshire Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance which can be completed either part-time or fully online. This AACSB-accredited program is designed for the working professional and can be completed in as little as two years. To complete this finance degree, students take 10 core courses and six elective courses. Courses in the finance specialization include Corporate Financial Strategy, Investments, International Financial Management, and Applied Financial Modeling and Analytics. Students have access to university technical support, as well as a personal advisor to guide them through the graduate program. GMAT scores are required to apply and applications are accepted in June and December. Two or more years of work experience is also required for this program.
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University offers an Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance which can be completed entirely online. The SNHU finance degree can be completed in as little as 15 months, allowing students to work at an accelerated pace to quickly enter the job market. While providing a solid foundation in business, students are able to cater their degree to their specific career goals. Students may also choose to pursue additional graduate certificates concurrently with the MBA. This program gives students an understanding of economics, business law, organization leadership, and government impact on businesses, along with elective courses within a specialization. GMAT or GRE scores are not required to apply, and students may enter the program during any of the five graduate terms. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
New Hampshire Career Opportunities for Graduates
Numerous banks and companies are headquartered in New Hampshire, making it a great state for recent finance graduates. Most notably, Planet Fitness is one of the largest companies headquartered out of the state and is based in Hampton. KBW Financial Staffing and Recruiting is another large company based in New Hampshire. This company focuses on placing banking and financial professionals with top companies, making it an important employer for finance graduates. New Hampshire is also home to other large companies with regional offices in the state that are major employers for finance graduates, including Liberty Mutual and Fidelity Investments. Banks headquartered in New Hampshire include the Bank of New Hampshire, Granite State Credit Union, and the Bank of New England.
New Hampshire Finance Job Information
|Occupation||Number Employed||Average Salary|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||28,450||$71,670|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||530||$70,570|
|Personal Financial Advisors||700||$138,320|
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 2018.
*Estimate not released from the BLS.4
New Hampshire Salary and Job Outlook
Finance jobs in New Hampshire are steadily growing and have a positive salary outlook, making it a good state to be a recent finance graduate. Over the 10-year period between 2014 and 2024, financial job growth in New Hampshire is projected to outpace the projected national rate, according to Projection Central.4 Financial manager positions are expected to grow by 9.5% in New Hampshire, as compared to 6.8% nationally.4 Financial specialist, all other, is predicted to grow at over double the national rate, with a projection of 10.9% in New Hampshire and 4.9% nationally.4 New Hampshire also shows a promising salary outlook for finance positions. Financial Examiners earn on average $89,300 in New Hampshire compared to $88,940 nationally.5,6 Personal Financial Analysts do particularly well in New Hampshire, earning $138,320 as compared to the national average of $123,100.5,7
- Financial Management Association of New Hampshire (FMANH) – Organization with the mission to bring business leaders together and provide professional development for the community.
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) – Association of accountants and financial professionals aiming to advance the profession through continued education and networking opportunities
Directory of New Hampshire Master’s in Finance Programs
New England College
98 Bridge St
Henniker, NH 03242
Plymouth State University
17 High St
Plymouth, NH 03264
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 N River Rd
Hooksett, NH 03106
1. National Center for Education Statistics (NCES): https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Bloomberg, Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2016: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-best-undergrad-business-schools/
3. US News & World Report, Best Business Schools in 2017: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
4. Projections Central, Long Term Occupational Projections: http://www.projectionscentral.com/Projections/LongTerm
5. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics, May 2016 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates, New Hampshire: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_NH.htm
6. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2016, Financial Examiners: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132061.htm
7. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2016, Personal Financial Advisors: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132052.htm