Finance Schools in New Hampshire
Students pursuing a graduate degree in finance at one of New Hampshire’s colleges or universities may choose between a Master of Science in Finance or a Master of Business Administration with a finance concentration at such universities as Southern New Hampshire University. Concentrations may be available in areas including corporate finance and investments and securities. Southern New Hampshire University allows students to fulfill degree requirements for the MS in Finance online or on campus. Several other universities also offer online graduate programs in finance.
- There are 5 colleges and universities with finance degree programs in New Hampshire.
- 3 schools offer a master’s or advanced degree in finance.
- Highest graduate rate*: Saint Anselm College, 74%. 1
- Highest net price per year*: Saint Anselm College, $28,560. 1
- Lowest net price per year*: Plymouth State University, $16,697.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for finance programs in New Hampshire: $19,460 – $33,375.2
- No schools in the Businessweek’s Top Business Undergraduate Programs in 2013.
- No schools in the US News Best Business Graduate Schools in 2013 (top 100).
*For 4-year colleges and universities that offer a finance degree program.
Master’s in Finance Degree Programs in New Hampshire
Plymouth State University
Plymouth State University offers a Master of Business Administration degree paired with an Investment and Finance Certificate earned through online or on-campus courses. The rolling admission process allows students to start study throughout the year at any of the campus locations or through the distance learning program. The flexible degree program means that students can take all but six courses for the Master of Business Administration degree within the finance and investment concentration. The college has been highly ranked by the Princeton Review and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University offers a Master of Science in Finance degree that can be earned online or on campus. This graduate degree program is designed to prepare students to take on professional and management positions in the world of finance. Two specializations within the degree are available, Corporate Finance or Investments and Securities. Southern New Hampshire University is a private institution that has been ranked by Fast Company magazine for innovation and has also been recognized in multiple categories by the New Hampshire Business Review, the Providence Journal, and others.
University of New Hampshire
The University of New Hampshire, through the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics, offers a Master of Business Administration with finance specializations through full-time, part-time, or online courses of study. The full-time and part-time programs offer study abroad opportunities in addition to the core course load, which includes classes on strategy, financial management, and information systems. The University of New Hampshire holds accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as well as accreditation from regional governing bodies.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
New Hampshire only taxes certain types of income, with no state-level sales tax. Fidelity, which offers trading and investment tools and advice as one of the most highly diversified financial firms worldwide, maintains a growing office in Merrimack. Fidelity promises recent finance grads rewarding and challenging careers. Meredith Village Savings Bank is a locally owned and operated banking and finance firm. The company offers banking and investment services to individuals and businesses at office locations throughout New Hampshire. Its diverse service offerings result in career openings across many operational areas of interest to finance graduates.
New Hampshire Financial Analyst and Manager Salary and Job Outlook
Forbes regularly ranks New Hampshire’s quality of life score among the highest in the US. This is supported by the high salaries financial professionals earn in the state; financial analysts earn an average annual salary of $66,860, while financial managers earn an average annual salary of $97,850.5 Many of the most promising areas for finance professionals to start a career in New Hampshire are located along the Atlantic coast, and Manchester, one of the largest cities in New Hampshire, is a center for business and finance.6 The US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ national growth estimates for financial analysts and financial managers are 23% and 9% respectively for the decade from 2010 to 2020.7,8
New Hampshire Finance Salary and Jobs
|Occupation||Number Employed||Average Salary|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,040||$76,740|
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as of May 2012.
1. National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-colleges-for-accounting/?type=private&type=public
3. Bloomberg Businessweek: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-best-undergrad-business-schools/
4. US News & World Report: https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings
5. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nh.htm
6. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes132051.htm
7. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm#tab-6
8. Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/financial-managers.htm#tab-6